Motorcycle dash cams are a unique way to capture your ride while providing a sense of security. Suppose you ride in the city or other places where the driving is less than ideal. In that case, these cameras are tremendously helpful in the event of an accident. They can serve as great evidence if you need to claim injuries. More importantly – it’ll allow you to record your trips so that you can share them with friends and family. Here in this blog, we present you with a top 5 motorcycle dashcam.
Things to consider before buying motorcycle dashcams
- There are different types of dashcams, but the best ones are hard-wired. It is because they offer more convenience and are easy to use.
- Always look for the waterproof one. If you don’t find waterproof dashcams, make sure you use the waterproof case.
- The wider the angle in the lenses, the better the shot. Therefore you can choose the one with Wide-angle lenses.
- Look for a camera with mounts. It makes it easier to fit the dashcam in the bike.
- If you are looking for a better option, you can buy one that supports Bluetooth and GPS capabilities.
- Choose one with a compatible memory card.
1) Motowolf M8
The Motowolf M8 dashcam is the most advanced camera in its price class. It has a True HD 1080p front-facing camera and a separate rear-facing camera that captures footage in 720p. The dashcam also comes with GPS, which logs your location and speed and lets you review where you’ve been on Google Maps. You can also use Google Maps to look at your routes and playback your footage.
It is also IP67 waterproof. So if you are a biker, you need to always look for waterproof dashcams. Other things I love about Motowolf M8 are WDR/HDR Function, wifi share, Gravity sensor, and loop recording.
- It has a remote control function which you can use to do a variety of operations.
- It has a Supercapacitor, which is secure and explosion-proof.
- It features both a front and rear camera and is waterproof.
- It also has a built-in GPS.
- Great video quality
- Sometimes there’s distortion in the bumpy roads.
The Blueskysea A12 is one of the best motorcycle cameras on the market in its price range. The video quality is stunning, and the clarity is better than most of the other cameras we’ve tested. It’s not the cheapest dash cam out there, but it is a reasonable price for what you get. The Blueskysea A12 comes with most of the features that you need in dashcams. It supports the wifi as well as microSD cards.
It also has Front and Rear 1080p 30 fps Recording to capture your ride in high quality. Other best things about Blueskysea A12 are continuous and loop recording, G-Sensor & Manual Lock, GPS module & wifi, and lots of other unique features.
- IPS explosion-proof screen.
- Dual 1080P CMOS sensor
- Adjustable lens
- GPS tracking etc.
- The time zone and date keep changing on the screen.
- Not an excellent support team.
The Vyssto is a budget dash cam that offers a lot for its price point. It records in full HD (1080p) and has an internal microphone for audio. It has loop recording, time/date stamps, and simple menus that are easy to set up and use.
This motorcycle dash cam is designed to be flexible and straightforward to use. It will provide you with a complete record of your trip. It’s always ready at hand, and it will be with you on your next adventure!
Some of the great features of VSYSTO are 6-layer Full Glass Lens, Super Night Vision, and G-sensor. The best thing about G-sensor is it captures unexpected driving accidents in time and saves accidental video files. This is great to preserve your legal rights in case of an accident.
- IP65 waterproof so you can ride in the rain without the worry of getting it damaged from water.
- Super Night Vision. It helps to get clear capture when riding in the nighttime.
- It features a G-sensor to help capture unexpected driving accidents.
- 6-layer Full Glass Lens and wifi support
- Sometimes the wifi doesn’t work properly
To begin with, the ‘No Screen’ dash cam is pretty advanced and comes with a ton of features. The first thing you will notice about this dash cam is the packaging. It comes in a nice box with a magnetic flap that opens and closes quickly. It is perfect for those who are looking for a more reliable and better quality dashcam. It’s a strong piece of equipment that comes with tons of features.
It has a waterproof metal shell which is more effective heat resistant than those plastic ones. You can take the video in full HD, and it supports Loop recording as well as G-Sensor. Also, It has a 1-year sales support, so if you encounter any problem regarding dashcam, there is someone to help you.
- Night vision
- IP67 water-resistant
- loop record
- Bad customer service
- Back camera video quality is poor
The M1 Dash Cam is one of the best dash cams for motorcycles we have reviewed. Thinkware has been producing high-quality, affordable dash cams for quite a while now. The company’s newest product is the Thinkware M1, which is designed specifically for motorcycle use. This product is packed with many of the same features that have made Thinkware a lead in the dashcam field, including a high-quality Sony image sensor and an intuitive app.
It has one of the best quality cameras to record crystal clear videos. Also weatherproof IP66-rated and Electronic Image Stabilization
- Built-in wifi
- It has a control pad
- Crystal clear recording
- Sometimes the rear camera doesn’t work properly
Motorcycle dash cams are becoming more and more popular for everyday riders. Yet, not everyone knows which to choose. Depending on your needs, you can select one of the above. If you are looking for the best quality which lasts longer, Thinkware Sports M1 Dash Cam is the one. However, it is a little more expensive than others.